Italian Innovators Interview with Gianni Riotta, "Italian journalism & academia in the age of post-truth"
A conversation between Luca Cottini (PhD) and Gianni Riotta (journalist, writer, director of Data Lab at LUISS Guido Carli University School of Government in Rome, and Pirelli visiting professor of Italian Studies at Princeton University)
- Seeing America from an Italian/Sicilian perspective (1:30)
- On the necessary relationship between journalism and academia (5:50)
- Storytelling as a key resource in the pursuit of truth (12:20)
- The language of the new media. Italian and new modes of communication (21:40)
- The pandemic & the crisis of academia. A new model for 21st-century universities (34:45)
- The vital role of Italian studies in North American academia (49:30)
- Where to start with the Italian literary patrimony (01:06:50)
More information about Italian Innovators can be found at www.italianinnovators.com.