L'Avant-Scène presents Les Fausses confidences by Marivaux (1737) performed by students and directed by Florent Masse. In Les Fausses confidences Dorante, an impoverished young man, is taken on as a secretary by Araminte, a rich widow with whom he is secretly in love. The valet Dubois does all he can to get Araminte to fall in love with Dorante.
The production will feature Morgan Teman ’23 , Gavin LaPlace ’23, Clément Herman GS, Marley Jacobson ’22, Sultan Al Habsi ’22, Flora Champy, Peter Taylor ‘22 , Mouhamed Ndiaye ’22, Adam Boukind ’22 & Pia Haykel '25.
In French - Duration of the play 1h45mn
Performances & Registration
- Pre-registration is required
- All attendees must wear face coverings
- The ability to social distance may not be possible
- The performers may not be wearing masks
Health and Safety
- To ensure the health and safety of all, Princeton University requires that all visitors age 5+ attest to being fully vaccinated (fully vaccinated means at least 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson, and received booster if more than 6 months since the second dose of a two-dose series or if more than 2 months since a single dose of J&J) for COVID-19 and provide contact tracing information.
Art on Hulfish - Princeton University Art Museum
11 Hulfish Street in downtown Princeton