The Faculty Computer Program began in 1996. Its original purpose was to refresh the computers of full professors, associate professors, and other select faculty members.
The FCP program was updated on 1/26/2023 and now includes computers for lecturers and visiting fellows.
- No customizations are allowed
- The device must be returned to OIT after four years
Devices must be returned when leaving the university and may not be purchased for personal use in accordance with the Office of Finance & Treasury's Computer Equipment Policy.
FCP devices must be replaced every four years. IT support may replace a device sooner if it is lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair.
- Orders for a replacement device can be processed beginning 90 days prior to the computer's scheduled retirement date.
- If a device is lost or stolen, follow the procedures for a missing device.
The current list of available models includes Apple, Dell, and Lenovo computers and includes an optional external display bundle (at no additional cost). All devices have a 3-year warranty (including no fee AppleCare for Apple devices). The list of available models is updated periodically to reflect newer models.
- Customizations are not available. Research Funds must be used if you choose to order a device not offered through FCP or if a second device is wanted.
Ordering and Setup
Department IT support representatives (SCAD/DCS) place orders using the Faculty Computer Order form in the Service Portal. Devices are typically delivered to a department within two weeks.
- FCP-eligible department members must work with their departmental IT support (SCAD/DCS) to place orders.
- No purchase orders or financial processing is required.
- Devices are pre-configured by IT and delivered to departmental IT support to complete the final setup, user settings, and delivery.
- Pre-installed software will not be removed from FCP devices.
- Old devices must be returned to the SCAD/DCS immediately after accepting the new device.
- Old devices will be secured and held by departmental IT (SCAD/DCS) for one month in the event of data migration issues,
- After one month, the device's storage will be formatted and relinquished to OIT, where the data storage will be further wiped and the computer properly disposed of.
Please contact Charles Leonardi to begin the ordering process or if you have any questions about the Faculty Computer Program (FCP).